TU Darmstadt offers a newly created set of templates for LaTeX systems, which follows the specifications of the Corporate Design. The templates can be installed right out of the box as a package (“tuda-ci”) within current versions of the large TeX distributions (TeXlive 2019, MikTeX 2.9, MacTeX 2019). Additionally, the package is provided via CTAN. All fonts required are available in the distributions mentioned above and may be installed using the corresponding tools. Therefore no separate font installations are necessary any more. The templates may be compiled with pdfLaTeX or LuaLaTeX. (Support for XeLaTeX is not built into the templates originally.)
To produce PDF/A conformal documents, e.g. for archiving at ULB, use of LuaLaTeX is recommended.
In addition to class and style files DEMO documents are part of the package. These contain some brief documentation and demonstrate available options of the different document types.
The following templates are part of the package tuda-ci (in brackets you find the name of corresponding DEMO files):
- tudapub – Template for a general publication (DEMO-TUDaPub; DEMO-TUDaReport)
- tudathesis – Template for BSc/MSc Theses (DEMO-TUDaThesis) and Dissertations (DEMO-TUDaPhD)
- tudasciposter – Template for a scientific poster (DEMO-TUDaSciPoster)
- tudaposter – Template for a general poster (DEMO-TUDaPoster; DEMO-TUDaAnnouncement for bulletins/announcements etc.)
- tudabeamer – Template for slides (DEMO-TUDaBeamer)
- tudaletter – Template for a letter (DEMO-TUDaLetter)
- tudaexercise – Template for exercise sheets (DEMO-TUDaExercise)
The tuddesign templates offered formerly are not supported anymore.
Download and installation
After installation of the package tuda-ci within the TeX distribution of our choice, only the Logo of TU Darmstadt in PDF format has to be added somewhere within the local LaTeX tree or in the current working directory. Alternatively, you may download the following ZIP archive logo_bundle and extract it in the top level directory of the local LaTeX tree.
We recommend a full installation of the TeX distribution used, to resolve all dependencies of tuda-ci from other packages. In linux you should install a current TeXlive from the bundles available at www.tug.org. This ensures installation of most recent package versions. (In some cases problems were reported when using tuda-ci within a TeX[live] system, that has been installed using the package management of the respective linux distribution.)
Alternatively, the following installation options exist:
- The ZIP archive tuda_templates, which has to be extracted in the top level directory of the local LaTeX tree, contains all required package files (including the logo of TU Darmstadt).
- The current development version of the package files may be downloaded/pulled from Github. Please note, that this requires additional installation steps, as you have to run once “addlicense.sh” directly after unpacking the downloaded archive, for example. (Therefore, that installation procedure is more suited for power users, who want to keep up to date with the latest changes.)
After extraction the filename database of the TeX distribution in use has to be updated once. Information on this step may be found within the documentation of your distribution.
As all above listed download files, apart from the Github version, contain the logo of TU Darmstadt, they can be only downloaded with a valid TU-ID.
Via Github an issue tracker is provided, particularly for bug reports, but also for feature requests, questions or similar topics.
All technical aspects should be addressed using the issue tracker.
For organisational issues please send an email to email@example.com-….
The templates were created with financial support of the Dean's Office of the department of Physics (Dr. Domschke) and in coordination with the staff unit Corporate Communications (Ms. Albrecht) as well as the University and State Library Darmstadt (ULB). Furthermore, we would like to thank all CE doctorate students involved into beta testing.
We thank Ms. Marei Peischl of peiTeX TeXnical Solutions for her commitment during the creation process of the templates.