Graduate School of Excellence Computational Engineering
The Graduate School of Excellence Computational Engineering (GSC 233) at Technische Universität Darmstadt enables PhD students to develop their scientific skills in a focused way, and to cooperate under optimal conditions in a highly stimulating interdisciplinary environment.
Based on the interaction of Computer Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Sciences three key scientific areas are identified. Partnerships with well established research organizations as well as cooperation with industry increase the impact of the Graduate School.
Outstanding properties of the Graduate School
- International and intercultural exchange
- Integrated training of “Soft Skills”
- Annual PhD award for best thesis in field of CE
- Shortening of MSc study for accepted PhD students
- Financial support of all accepted students
- Short total time of MSc and PhD
- Close cooperation with industrial partners
- High performance computing environment available
- Striven for a high level of gender equality
- Admission of graduated BSc and MSc students possible