Knowledge transfer and cooperation with industry
The research within the Graduate School addresses fundamental problems providing the basis for a successful application of computational engineering techniques to complex applied industrial problems. There is a rich spectrum of industrial and technical research areas to address the technology barriers and achieve the goals of knowledge transfer and integration of industry partners in the Graduate School.
There are several ways for industrial partners to cooperate with the Graduate School:
- Companies provide scholarships for PhD students,
- Companies provide software for the research work of PhD students,
- PhD students stay at companies as part of their research training programme.
Primary contacts for industrial partners are the Vice Dean of the Graduate School, Prof. Dr.-Ing. T. Weiland, and the Dean, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. M. Schäfer.
Industry and Research Institutions:
- Bertrandt Ingenieurbüro GmbH
- CST GmbH
- Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics (IGD)
- Fraunhofer Institute for Structural Durability and System Reliability (LBF)
- Freudenberg Group
- Siemens AG